enTECH provides early intervention services for the Kentucky Early Intervention Service, otherwise known as First Steps.
enTECH serves children across the state through acting as a loan library agency. In addition, enTECH is a purchasing agent for the First Steps program. Direct services are provided in the KIPDA and Lincoln Trail districts. Services are provided in the natural setting whenever possible. enTECH’s First Steps services include Primary Service Coordination, Occupational Therapy and Assistive Technology Services. enTECH staff is committed to the rules and regulations regarding meetings, collaboration, and paperwork.
Occupational Therapy and Assistive Technology Services
enTECH staff provides technical assistance to service coordinators and providers regarding assistive technology services through the Kentucky Early Intervention Service. Any provider that has questions may contact Susan Haynes 502-873-4214 for assistance.
Any service coordinator interested in borrowing or purchasing assistive technology devices can contact Peter O’Connor 502-992-2448 for assistance.
First Steps requires the following documentation for a loan or purchase of assistive technology:
- The child’s Individual Family Service Plan, the plan or amendment covering the assistive technology with the signature of the requesting provider.
- The Assistive Technology Amendment Page: an order form which shows the specific ordering information, size and color of the device (when necessary), the justification for ordering the device and the requesting provider’s signature.
- The CBIS Summary sheet indicating the correct provider number (877) and the number of requested devices.
- Indication of the child’s Medicaid eligibility
Assistive Technology (AT) Resources
Local AT Resources
The Alliance for Technology Access (ATA) is a network of community-based Resource Centers, Developers, Vendors and Associates dedicated to providing information and support services to children and adults with disabilities, and to increase their use of standard, assistive and information technologies.
- Kentucky Assistive Technology Service (KATS) Network Coordinating Center
- Bluegrass Technology Center
- Redwood AT Center
- Western KY AT Consortium
National AT Resources
National Assistive Technology Research Institute
- Achievement Products: 1-800-373-4699
- Flag House/Special Populations: 1-800-793-7900
- Patterson Medical: 1-800-323-5547
- TherAdapt: 1-800-261-4919
Self-Care/Activities of Daily Living (ADLS)
AbleData provides objective information about assistive technology products and rehabilitation equipment available from domestic and international sources.
Closing the Gap is a resource that educates users on the ways assistive technology can change lives and the uses of computer technology in special education and rehabilitation.
LD Online is the leading site on learning disabilities for parents, teachers, and other professionals.
Don Johnston Inc. provides products and other resources, such as case studies, trainings and initiatives centered on assistive technology for reading and writing.
LD Resources is a collection of 885 entries on various aspects of learning disabilities.
Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) is a nonprofit organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals, especially those with disabilities, through the research and development of innovative, technology-based educational resources and strategies.