enTECH and Spalding University’s Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy have highly qualified assistive technology and therapy providers who can meet diverse needs of consumers.
Technology Assessment Services
This service involves an individualized process designed to meet specific and unique technology needs of the consumer. The documentation consists of a comprehensive written report with specific recommendations, needed vendor information and specific strategies for implementation.
On-site Assessments: $125/hour
Off-site Assessments: $125/hour and travel expenses at a rate of $30/hour
This service involves expert consultation resulting in a one to two page written summary of potential solutions, without specific individualized recommendations or vendor information.
Ideally suited for organizations, school districts or other entities that may require comprehensive services including education and training of staff within their facility to meet the needs of clients served by the organization.
These services include full client assessment with comprehensive documentation and programmatic training to meet the needs of the client and the organization.
- Single client assessment with a full written report
- Up to a 3-hour training session for staff, professionals, family members (or a combination of audiences) focusing on recommendations, use and access, demonstration of material(s), processes and environmental modifications.
- Up to 2 hours of follow-up visits to assure successful technology implementation
Cost per assessment: $600.00
*Additional travel fees are applied if the location is outside Louisville Metro.
*Additional follow-up services may be required and will be billed at the hourly consultation rate.
These services are ideal if an entire organization desires consultation for a large group of clients, staff or other personnel with a follow-up workshop and training on assistive technology needs, implementation and environmental modifications to maximize productivity and access.
- Observation and interview with clients, staff and related service personnel (two hours)
- Written suggestions for each client in consultation area (two hours)
- Training for professionals on recommended materials and/or environmental modifications (three-hour maximum)
- Follow-up visit for implementation (two-hour maximum)
- Material development/Device programming (two-hour maximum)
Cost with 1 enTECH or ASOT Consultant: $800
Cost with 2 enTECH or ASOT Consultants: $1,000
*Travel fees are applied if organization is outside the Louisville Metro Area
*Additional follow-up services may be recommended and will be billed at a hourly rate
Individual Occupational Therapy Services: $125 per hour
Presentation/Training: $125 per hour (plus travel time if outside Louisville Metro Area)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Intellikeys overlays from materials catalog (existing pre-made overlays):
Staff time: $60/hour
- All custom developed boards and overlays:
Staff time: $75/hour
- Patrons producing their own materials using enTECH’s equipment (board making):
$0.50 for 8×11 color print on cardstock or $0.75 for legal size
- Lamination of boards and overlays:
$0.75 for one sheet. enTECH can make adjustments for smaller size.
Assuring Access through Adaptive Technologies within the Consumers’ Natural Context.
Lending Library: Alternative access devices are available for short-term, four (4) week rentals (loan).
Lending Library Fees Chart
|Items valued up to||$100||$10|
|Items valued between||$101 – $250||$25|
|Items valued between||$251 – 500||$35|
|Items valued between||$501 – 1000||$50|
|Items valued between||$1001 – $2500||$75|
|Items valued between||$2500 -$5000||$100|
Shipping and insurance charges are added when devices are mailed to consumers. Equipment return by mail to enTECH requires shipping and insurance charges paid by consumers.
Loan period is four weeks. Late fees are assessed if the device item is not returned by the due date. Late fees are charged per week at the initial four-week rate.
Loans may be renewed by phone, e-mail or mail if the device in use does not have a waiting list of other consumers. If a device has a waiting list, the device must be returned by original due date or late fees will be assessed on a daily basis.
Access to Therapeutic Spaces
Service provided to community practitioners to augment and advance service provision.
Computer lab stations
Twelve (12) sites available with various device interchanges. Numerous new and advanced technology alterative access devices are part of this environment. All computers are internet accessible.
Space conducive for various evaluation purposes are available including use of assessments contained within enTECH and Spalding University’s Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy programs. Please contact enTECH staff for rental rate.
Sensory Integration Technology Lab
A large sensory integration play area provides the consumer and practitioner with varied sensory processing equipment to use as a part of intervention, practice, and/or device demonstration. Rental fee is $10 per hour. Frequent users may be given a reduced rate. Therapists will be asked to sign a liability waiver and must show proof of liability insurance. Families are also welcome by appointment only to use the lab. Rental fee for families is $5, and the family will be asked to sign a liability waiver. Individual consultation is available for a one-time fee of $25.
Early Learning Center
Space conducive to working with young children in a calm, non-threatening environment. Please contact enTECH for use policies.
Community Service and Promotion of Full Access
These services are conducted by student volunteers with skilled practitioner assistance.
In order to meet the needs of the community in the advancement and access to technology, the following services are offered at no charge to families. In order to provide the best service one must call enTECH at least one week prior to attending the first session.
Free of Charge
Open (computer) Lab: Wednesdays
- Adults involved in programs: 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Adult individuals: 11:15 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Children’s lab: 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Consultation on products: Demonstration with consumer/family (30-minute demonstration on a product, without a written report; one-time only).
Outreach Services: Free of charge
Saturday Family Lab: second Saturday of each month: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.