enTECH and Spalding University’s Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy have highly qualified assistive technology and therapy providers who can meet diverse needs of consumers.
Technology Assessment ServicesThis service involves an individualized process designed to meet specific and unique technology needs of the consumer. The documentation consists of a comprehensive written report with specific recommendations, needed vendor information and specific strategies for implementation. On-site Assessments: $125/hour Off-site Assessments: $125/hour and travel expenses at a rate of $30/hour
Consultation ServicesThis service involves expert consultation resulting in a one to two page written summary of potential solutions, without specific individualized recommendations or vendor information. Consultation: $125
Service PackagesIdeally suited for organizations, school districts or other entities that may require comprehensive services including education and training of staff within their facility to meet the needs of clients served by the organization.
Assessment PackagesThese services include full client assessment with comprehensive documentation and programmatic training to meet the needs of the client and the organization.
- Single client assessment with a full written report
- Up to a 3-hour training session for staff, professionals, family members (or a combination of audiences) focusing on recommendations, use and access, demonstration of material(s), processes and environmental modifications.
- Up to 2 hours of follow-up visits to assure successful technology implementation
Consultation PackagesThese services are ideal if an entire organization desires consultation for a large group of clients, staff or other personnel with a follow-up workshop and training on assistive technology needs, implementation and environmental modifications to maximize productivity and access.
- Observation and interview with clients, staff, and related service personnel (two hours)
- Written suggestions for each client in consultation area (two hours)
- Training for professionals on recommended materials and/or environmental modifications (three-hour maximum)
- Follow-up visit for implementation (two-hour maximum)
- Material development/Device programming (two-hour maximum)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Intellikeys overlays from materials catalog (existing pre-made overlays): Staff time: $60/hour
- All custom developed boards and overlays: Staff time: $75/hour
- Patrons producing their materials using enTECH’s equipment (board making): $0.50 for 8×11 color print on cardstock or $0.75 for legal size
- Lamination of boards and overlays: $0.75 for one sheet. enTECH can make adjustments for smaller size.
Lending Library Fees ChartComplete our Kosair Charities Financial Assistance Program application for consideration Please allow 60 days upon submission for the review and a response.
|Items valued up to||$100||$10|
|Items valued between||$101 – $250||$25|
|Items valued between||$251 – 500||$35|
|Items valued between||$501 – 1000||$50|
|Items valued between||$1001 – $2500||$75|
|Items valued between||$2500 -$5000||$100|
Renewal PolicyLoans may be renewed by phone, e-mail or mail if the device in use does not have a waiting list of other consumers. If a device has a waiting list, the device must be returned by original due date or late fees will be assessed on a daily basis.
Access to Therapeutic SpacesService provided to community practitioners to augment and advance service provision.
Computer lab stationsTwelve (12) sites available with various device interchanges. Numerous new and advanced technology alternative access devices are part of this environment. All computers are internet accessible.
Evaluation RoomSpace conducive for various evaluation purposes is available including use of assessments contained within enTECH and Spalding University’s Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy programs. Please contact enTECH staff for rental rate.
Sensory Integration Technology LabA large sensory integration play area provides the consumer and practitioner with varied sensory processing equipment to use as a part of an intervention, practice, and/or device demonstration. Rental fee is $10 per hour. Frequent users may be given a reduced rate. Therapists will be asked to sign a liability waiver and must show proof of liability insurance. Families are also welcome by appointment only to use the lab. The rental fee for families is $5, and the family will be asked to sign a liability waiver. Individual consultation is available for a one-time fee of $25.
Early Learning CenterSpace conducive to working with young children in a calm, non-threatening environment. Please contact enTECH for use policies.
Community Service and Promotion of Full AccessThese services are conducted by student volunteers with skilled practitioner assistance.
Resource ServicesIn order to meet the needs of the community in the advancement and access to technology, the following services are offered at no charge to families. In order to provide the best service, one must call enTECH at least one week before attending the first session. Free of Charge
Open (computer) Lab: Wednesdays
- Adults involved in programs: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Open to community lab: 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Consultation on products: Demonstration with consumer/family (30-minute demonstration on a product, without a written report; one-time only).
enTECH provides early intervention services for the Kentucky Early Intervention Service, otherwise known as First Steps.enTECH serves children across the state through acting as a loan library agency. In addition, enTECH is a purchasing agent for the First Steps program. Direct services are provided in the KIPDA and Lincoln Trail districts. Services are provided in the natural setting whenever possible. enTECH’s First Steps services include Primary Service Coordination, Occupational Therapy and Assistive Technology Services. enTECH staff is committed to the rules and regulations regarding meetings, collaboration, and paperwork.
Occupational Therapy and Assistive Technology ServicesenTECH staff provides technical assistance to service coordinators and providers regarding assistive technology services through the Kentucky Early Intervention Service. If you are a provider with questions please contact us. Any service coordinator interested in borrowing or purchasing assistive technology devices can contact Peter O’Connor 502-992-2448 for assistance. First Steps requires the following documentation for a loan or purchase of assistive technology:
- The child’s Individual Family Service Plan, the plan or amendment covering the assistive technology with the signature of the requesting provider.
- The Assistive Technology Amendment Page: an order form which shows the specific ordering information, size and color of the device (when necessary), the justification for ordering the device and the requesting provider’s signature.
- The CBIS Summary sheet indicating the correct provider number (877) and the number of requested devices.
- Indication of the child’s Medicaid eligibility
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
LOCAL AT RESOURCES
NATIONAL AT RESOURCESNational Assistive Technology Research Institute
- Achievement Products: 1-800-373-4699
- Flag House/Special Populations: 1-800-793-7900
- Patterson Medical: 1-800-323-5547
- TherAdapt: 1-800-261-4919